www.flickr.com
my photos More of my photos

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A departure from my norm is the fact that I am about to spend more than a passing momment in front of a Mac Book. I am a diehard fan of Bill Gates and most of the output from the Microsoft Corporation. However my stepson is not and decided to bring and Apple product into my house.
Last week while we were visiting him on his 'Gap Year' in Israel he dropped his Mac Book and cracked the screen, so we have brought it back to London for repair. I know he has many photographs on there and as he is a budding jouralist some writting also and for this reason it needs to be backed up. Now I work for a backup software company but we do not support Mac so I will now spend what will feel like and age re-partioning one of my expernal drives, getting the Mac Book to use and exteranl screen and navigating 'foreign' menus to create a backup of the data before handing the machine over for repair. I'm sure there is an easier way to do this but it has eluded me thus far. If it were of my Windows machines I would not be giving this operation a second thought, but it's not and I am, second, third and fourth thoughts and none what I would describe as happy ones.
I hope I do not make the damage any worse as I am prone to blaming the tools when I job does not go as I had hoped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home